Friday, September 9, 2011

Slouching Towards Piedmont

The Alps hover over Italy's northwestern region ("Piemonte" means "foot of the mountain"), with Switzerland to the North and France to the West. Known as "the Burgundy of Italy", it is a land of castles, white truffles and "finer" wines, including one of my favorites, Barolo.

I'm moving from the Lombardy region and staying in Asti, Piedmont, a couple of days before moving into ICIF student housing in Costigliole d'Asti. I've never lived in a dorm before... we sleep three to a room.

ICIF is housed in one of Piedmont's castles. Here's a youtube of ICIF, which, my time having come, drew me to slouch towards Piedmont for a redemption of sorts. (With apologies to William Butler Yeats.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARaUYXV8byc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks like a absolutely beautiful place. I am looking forward to reading about your adventures there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It should be interesting! I will blog it, perhaps live, perhaps with vino...

    ReplyDelete