Wednesday, September 28, 2011

First Exam Tomorrow

Our first exam requires that each student prepare a recipe which is drawn from a hat (a mixing bowl, actually) and present the dish to a panel of four Italian chefs who serve as judges.

I believed I would be fine so long as I didn't draw a pastry recipe, as I don't even understand how to operate the ovens in the pasticceria. Luckily, I drew gnocchi alla Sorrentina, which is potato gnocchi in an onion and basil tomato sauce. All is well for me, having dodged the pastry bullet. Whew.

In this photo, our humorous and patient translator, Bridgit, oversees the recipe drawing.

1 comment:

  1. Nice draw, Mary Kay! Good luck on your first exam. I am sure you will ace it, especially given your prior gnocchi cooking experience! Of course, I would choose gnocchi over a pastry any day!

    ReplyDelete