Friday, December 30, 2011

Fifteen Pounds of Meatballs

Learned how to "open the kitchen" on day three of my stage.  It was fast and furious during lunch, which was (wo)manned by chef and owner Susan Devereaux.  During lunch I prepped some salads and jumped in to prepare a ravioli dish (butternut squash in a sage and butter sauce) when our chef had to momentarily step away from the kitchen.

  For lunch I enjoyed a cup of the soup of the day -- an onion soup made with a chicken broth base -- followed by the ravioli and a caprese salad.  

During the early evening I prepared 15 pounds of meatballs, then settled in for a nice Montepulciano di Abruzzo, compliments of the kind proprietors of Guido's in Durango, Colorado.

A long and productive day.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful, every bit and minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina! I have a bottle of olive for you. I will get it your way when I return to Austin. Let me know if the gluten-free suggestions from Chef Diego were useful. Buon appetito!

    ReplyDelete